Mizar continually monitors the health of your subscriptions, verifying potential issues each time there is an attempt to open or close an order. If an order opening or closing fails, the subscription will enter an error status mode.
If any issues occur, you will receive a notification on the performance page of the active subscription. In most cases, taking some basic actions will resolve the error. It's important to note that the error notification will only disappear when the bot attempts to initiate a new order or close an existing one. Otherwise, despite having resolved the issue, the error message will persist. We plan to enhance this feedback loop shortly to ensure that the error notification disappears after you've taken corrective actions.
There can be multiple reasons for encountering an error, which can be classified into the following categories:
- Insufficient funds: Sufficient funds in your exchange are required to open and close orders. The bot continuously verifies the availability of funds in your exchange and temporarily stops trading if they're insufficient. Read more about the insufficient funds' error here.
- Insufficient order size: orders have varying order size limits, which can change depending on the market, pairs, or exchange. Orders cannot be opened if the size is below the threshold. Read more about the insufficient order size error here.
- API keys authentication: If the communication between Mizar and your exchange fails, this type of error will arise. Read more about the API key authentication error here.
- Permission denied: This error arises when Mizar attempts to open or close orders, but the exchange denies the action. Read more about the permission denied error here.
- Wrong FUTURES mode: If Mizar attempts to open an order using a specific order mode (one-way or Hedge Mode) but the exchange account is configured to the incorrect order mode, this error will occur. Read more about the wrong account mode error here.
- Insufficient Mizar credits: This error arises when Mizar attempts to open or close orders, but there is not enough Mizar credits balance to pay for volume and/or performance fees. Read more about insufficient Mizar credits error here.