Permission Denied: It was not possible to communicate with your exchange account because the permission has been denied.
What does this error mean?
Subscribing to a bot initiates the opening and closing of orders on your behalf, based on trading signals and bot settings, on the selected exchange.
If the permission to open or close orders is denied by the exchange, it will result in a Permission Denied error.
What could be the potential reasons for this?
- Your exchange may not permit trading on a specific market, such as FUTURES.
- Your API keys may not be authorized for trading on a specific market, such as FUTURES.
- Your exchange may not allow trading of specific pairs, such as margin pairs.
How to fix this?
- Complete the verification process (such as KYC) on the exchange or consider using a different exchange that permits trading (such FUTURES).
- Create new API keys on your exchange and ensure that the correct trading permissions are enabled. Once complete, update your API keys on Mizar. Check how to update your keys here.
- To trade specific pairs that may not be currently allowed, complete the verification process, use a different exchange, or remove the non-allowed pairs from the bot settings.
IMPORTANT: The error notification will disappear only after the subscription attempts to open or close an order, even if you have already resolved the error.
Still, having issues? Please visit our #support channel for real-time assistance: https://discord.com/invite/gM4mAYMeWG