IPs Whitelisting: there was an error while checking your whitelisted IP addresses.
What does this error mean?
To enhance security, users are required to connect to the exchange via Mizar's IP addresses. This measure safeguards against unauthorized access in the event of API key loss or theft. As part of this process, Mizar attempts to connect to your exchange using non-whitelisted IPs during connection tests. If Mizar can access your exchange via unauthorized IPs, the connection test fails, and your connection is not established.
What could be the potential reasons for this?
- Failure to copy and paste the correct whitelisted IP addresses during API key creation.
- Inaccurate entry of the whitelisted IP addresses.
- Incomplete pasting of all the 10 whitelisted IP addresses.
How to fix this?
- Generate a new API key on your exchange and copy all of the whitelisted IPs from Mizar.
- Ensure that the IPs you have copied are accurate.
- Verify that you have copied and pasted all 10 API keys when creating the API keys. If even one is missed, the connection will not be established. If you're using Crypto.com, then you'll have to paste only 5 IPs instead of 10.
If you have completed all of the aforementioned steps, it is possible that the connection between Mizar and the exchange has failed for an unknown reason. In such instances, try to reconnect your API keys.
Still having issues? Are you still experiencing difficulties? Please visit our #support channel for real-time assistance: https://discord.com/invite/gM4mAYMeWG