Trading Permissions - SPOT: connecting to your Binance Exchange was not possible.
What does this error mean?
Mizar executes a test order on your exchange during the connection process. However, if Mizar encounters an error in opening and closing the test position while running tests, it prevents the platform from establishing a connection and managing orders on your behalf. Essentially, this error signifies the inability of Mizar to connect with your exchange and open or close orders.
What could be the potential reasons for this?
- The API keys are incorrect
- The API keys are expired
- Spot trading permissions have not been enabled while creating the API keys
- There are less than 15 USDT in your trading account
How to fix this?
- Ensure that you have accurately copied and pasted the correct API keys into the appropriate input fields: the public keys should be placed in the designated "public API" form, and the secret/private keys in the corresponding "private API" form.
- Confirm that your exchange keys have not expired and are still valid.
- Check that you have enabled SPOT trading permissions when generating your API keys. If you are using a sub-account, ensure that the sub-account supports the SPOT market and is configured correctly.
- Maintain a minimum balance of 15 USDT in your trading account. Some exchanges offer multiple accounts (e.g., a main account and a trading account), so verify that your assets are available in the trading account to execute orders. If you are using sub-accounts, ensure that the assets are associated with the sub-account linked to the API keys.
If you have completed all of the aforementioned steps, it is possible that the connection between Mizar and the exchange has failed for an unknown reason. In such instances, try to reconnect your API keys.
Still having issues? Are you still experiencing difficulties? Please visit our #support channel for real-time assistance: https://discord.com/invite/gM4mAYMeWG